Results of NFL Alumni Survey
As part of its “Care for Our Own” initiative, NFL Alumni partnered with the independent, non-profit organization Alliance for Cell Therapy Now, which is led by leaders representing numerous academic and medical institutions, industry innovators, and patients, and Sanford Health to develop, conduct, and summarize the results of a survey of NFL Alumni members regarding their interest in and use of regenerative medicine and cell therapies (RMCTs) for various conditions.
The report, Former NFL Players Show Interest in Regenerative Medicine and Cell Therapies: Results of Recent Survey, provides a summary of the survey results, along with an overview of RMCTs, the clinical studies now underway that explore the use of these therapies for conditions of interest to NFL Alumni members, and the actions that NFL Alumni is taking to help its members learn more about and gain access to safe and effective RMCTs through clinical trials and other FDA-approved treatment options.
Key highlights from the report include the following:
- Nearly half of NFL alumni respondents have considered regenerative medicine and cell therapy treatments;
- A majority of NFL alumni respondents who have not considered such treatments were not aware that they were an option or available;
- The majority of treatments received by NFL alumni respondents were for musculoskeletal conditions, including those for the knee, shoulder, back/spine, and hip;
- Several NFL alumni respondents also received treatments for neurological conditions, including concussions and traumatic brain injury; and
- Eighty-three percent of NFL alumni respondents would like to learn more about RMCTs.
Read NFL Alumni press release on the survey report.
Sign up for Updates
To stay up to date please provide your email address.