Wenchun Qu, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Pain Medicine and Rehabilitation and Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine; Vice-Chair of Research and Innovation, Department of Pain Medicine and Director, Regenerative Pain Medicine, Mayo Clinic Florida; Chair, Enterprise Spine Research Committee, Mayo Clinic
Dr. Wenchun Qu is a physiatrist and pain specialist, with special interest in regenerative medicine and information technology in medicine, who serves as Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Associate Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine. He also serves as Vice-Chair of Research and Innovation, Department of Pain Medicine; Director, Regenerative Pain Medicine, Mayo Clinic Florida; and Chair, Enterprise Spine Research Committee, Mayo Clinic.
His clinical and research focus include:
- Regenerative medicine therapy for back pain, neck pain, joint injury, osteoarthritis, and ligament and tendon diseases.
- Interventional pain procedures with injections, neurolysis, and radiofrequency ablation.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound guided injections for joint, tendon, and ligament diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of sciatica, degenerative disc disease, back, and neck pains
- Stem cell research focusing on the mechanism, clinical safety, and efficacy for musculoskeletal and spine conditions
- Artificial intelligence application for clinical decision support in optimizing precision care for musculoskeletal and spine conditions.
Dr. Qu has published many manuscripts, book chapters, and books. He has served as president, board member, and committee member of several national and international societies, and has received multiple national awards.
In addition to clinical practice, research and education, Dr. Qu is the co-Chair of Mayo Clinic China Regional Development Group and leads efforts in building international collaborations for advancing high-value healthcare throughout the world.
Sign up for Updates
To stay up to date please provide your email address.